Thursday, June 9, 2011

E*male

NOTICE: I wrote this a few days ago and just realized I never posted it! SORRY! Ha ha, Here it is!

Today was just another one of those days, where my heart is full. It started with reading a very beautiful, and touching weekly email that Jacob wrote to his parents that was forwarded on to me--as well as everyone else that was on the list-- that brought tears to my eyes, and it just kind of went from there.

While on my email I was reminded of some old emails that had been exchanged between he and I when he was home and decided to look through them again. When I was in Idaho, Jacob and I would send each other an email every few days that had a favorite quote, scripture, or spiritual experience that we had found that week. I remember getting so excited when I saw his name in my inbox. I can't explain just how much Jacob has impacted my life, and how much of a strength he has been to me ever since junior year. He has truly been there for me at the most joyous, and worst occasions I have ever had in my life. He is my best friend and it will always be this way. I am so grateful for him. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was to be able to talk about the gospel so much together and to have so many spiritual experience together. Some that he and I will always hold dear in our hearts. There many occasions whether on the phone, over email, in a letter, or in person, where the spirit would be so strong we would both be in tears and unable to speak. It was incredible. I will always treasure those moments I've been able to have with him, and look forward to many more.

In this particular email, he shared a Hymn with me that I felt like I would share with you. There are so many hymns that I feel like I don't know, this being one of them. I was surprised I had never heard it before, but I know that there was a reason behind that. When Jacob sent this email it was just one of those days where I was getting down on myself and really missing home. Some how he just always knew what to say, and when to say it.


Hymn 293: "Each Life That Touches Ours for Good"

"Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.
What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory
Bringing us nearer, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above."

The greatest thing in this world is someone who will not only be your friend, but who will bring you closer to the God who gave them to you.

..........and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

1 comment: