Sunday, September 12, 2010

BYU Idaho



The Lemon
Okay Monday of last week my parents dropped me off up here in Rexburg Idaho with no intention of bringing me home with them. Because the time has come for me to go to college! Monday night after my parents left I had the common homesickness break down and I texted and called my mom and begged for her to come back an get me. They were staying in Idaho Falls that night so they could've easily come back and retrieved me. But instead she said no and I cried until 2:30 am. The next morning she told me to make lemonade out of that experience and see where it took me. Since then I haven't been homesick once. Well, I have, just not to the point of packing everything up and wanting to go home. I miss my Mom, my Dad, my Sister, my Brothers and their families, my best friend, the canyon, friends, everything! Just... everything. Ha.




The Lemonade
I LOVE it here! The campus is beautiful and there is such a strong spirit. I continued my record of going to the temple every week and went to the temple which is literally a 8 minute walk from our dorm and let me tell you. The Rexburg Idaho Temple is GORGEOUS! I love it! I feel so blessed to be going to a school where the gospel is mentioned, if not taught, in every class. Even our history class is about the gospel. Because History isn't just the normal "American History" they actually teach from words of the prophets and the churches role in America's history. I'm loving my classes. I've only had 2 of my 7 classes (16 credits..kill me) and I just know that I'm going to love them all! I love my roommates too, Sam, Fran, and Carly, our dorm is a blast! I have a feeling that my first semester up here about BYU-I is going to be a great one. Not only in the fun ways, but it will probably hold some of the most spiritual experiences that I've had in my life so far. I know this is the college that I'm supposed to be at and even though I may not know the reason yet, I know that It's where I need to be. Hopefully I'll just be swimming in lemonade!Lets see what this first semester of college brings!.... and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

1 comment:

  1. Long time no see, liverella!!
    I'm sure you'll do fine, Livi! I too felt exactly the same too as I landed here at Boston myself. I think it's all about which way you are opening your heart at. Even in the pick-up van from the college, I was only opening my mind toward Korea and my friends there. But as I switched the direction toward here, pretty much a lot changed! You feel alone as much as your mind is still back at where you are from. You know you can make tons of friends and make yourself home there. Besides, you're still in your country! :P No language problems or culture thingy or whatever! Heads up for that and have a fun time there! I'll stop by your blog every now and then ;) Luv ya!!
    ~ Guan-Ho

    ReplyDelete