Friday, September 24, 2010

Exercising



The Lemon

So for the past four years of my life I haven't been able to TRULY exercise. In 7th and 8th grade I noticed in PE that when ever we'd do runs I would have a hard time breathing. I didn't think much of it until I was finally in 9th grade in my first musical, "Into the Woods". (I played the role Cinderella) In the show there were parts where I would have to run off the stage and I was sick but I would run off the stage and start coughing uncontrollably. My mom decided that it probably would be best if we go to see a doctor. After telling him what happened he told me that I had exercise induced asthma. Now over the years it been getting worse and worse. So due to that fact I haven't been able to exercise for the past FOUR years! I've been able to do ballroom because my body was already accepting that exercise but anything else I tried I wasn't able to do.


The Lemonade

So now I am away in Idaho for college and am in living fear of the so called "Freshman Fifteen". I quit ballroom for a year and decided to try out for the top team that doesn't tour here at BYU-I not thinking I would make it, but to my surprise, out of 54 girls they only chose 7 and I was one of them! After realizing how much I loved doing active stuff like that, I realized how much I wanted to be able to actually go to the gym with all of my roommates and work out. I lost 5 pounds within the first 3 days of just doing ballroom. Then as I was looking at the classes they offer down at the campus gym, I saw that they had ZUMBA! I decided to give it a try because from what I had heard Zumba was Latin dancing and I can do that! So I went and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! I think everyone should try it! It's so fun and it really give you a workout! I can finally work out again and I love it!....and THAT'S A SIP of Livi's Lemonade!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Zumba! And i LOVE you! I hope college is fun so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! haha i have exercise induced asthma too! and i heard about Zumba and i've totally wanted to try it, but i have to save up the money for it-ya know newly married college girl don't have lots of money haha but your post has made me want to try harder to get it :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete