Tuesday, April 26, 2011

1345.64 miles away.

Tonight was my last night CLOSING at Wienerschnitzel, and I only got three hours of sleep last night, and yes it is 12:39 right now, but sometimes, you just need to post. Tonight while I was at work, I got a text from my mom letting me know she'd been on my email and she thought that I had already been on it for the night.  Mondays are when Elder Parmley has p-day so he sends an email home and his mother forwards them for all of us to read. :) So between my mom and I, we're always checking to see when the email gets sent. But like a good mother, my mom USUALLY doesn't read them until I do. The reason I say usually is because tonight, that wasn't the case. Haha. :) I was so anxious that I made SURE we clocked out by 12, (but it was 12:04) so I could rush home and get on the computer! Needless to say, it was a GREAT email. In a letter I sent a while ago, I asked him if there was anything he would like me to share here, on this blog, and in the email today, after he finished something he wrote, "Livi, you can quote that on your blog if you want :)" So here I am, on the blog... haha. :) BUT thats not the best part. You may be wondering what the title of this blog has to do with this post.... and after reading what he said, I'll tell ya. :) So here you go! I present to you.... Elder Parmley!

"It was such an amazing spirit in sacrament meeting.  I did sing with the really small choir, but it was such an awe inspiring program.  I’ve missed singing and bearing my testimony of the Savior through song.  Elder Hunter (he plays the piano phenomenally) and I are working on “Savior Redeemer of My Soul” so that we can perform it in sacrament meeting soon.  I’m really excited for that J I love music.  I absolutely love to share my testimony through it, to open up my heart to an audience and tell them how much I love my Savior through song.  It is precious to me to feel the spirit while I sing.  I need to sing more.  I’ve missed feeling the spirit in that way.  Sister Jeansome ( the Ward Choir director) pulled me aside after church, grasped my hand, and with tears in her eyes simply said, “thank you.” She said some other things to, but I only remember exactly the way she said “Thank you.”  Music can touch the chambers of the hearts that words alone can never reach"

If you read my post from yesterday, you'll understand why this brought tears to my eyes for more than one reason, and that's because of the experience I had in sacrament meeting when I sang a solo about the Savior. There was just something about singing it in that meeting that touched me and made me almost lose it in front of everyone. And yesterday (after the fact) Jacobs words, were the VERY thoughts in my head. Miraculous.

So here's where the title of the blog comes in. Isn't it INCREDIBLE how even though you can be 1345.64 miles away from each other, you can STILL be having the same experiences and it being as though they are with you? And even though Jacob wasn't there, It sort of felt like he was in a way and after reading that, I can't deny it. I'll admit, another reason why it was hard for me to sing in sacrament yesterday was because the last time I sang in my ward, was last summer when I sang a duet.... with Jacob. And just thinking about that and remembering how far we had come since that day and thinking about the Savior, and all that he has done for us, and the experiences I've been through in this past year, just brought tears to my eyes. So reading THAT in his email, you can imagine! I was a wreck! Haha :) I am so grateful for this gospel and for music. Music really does touch the chambers of the hearts that words alone can never reach. That statement was testified to me as I was singing the song yesterday. It doesn't reach only those hearing it, but it can also reach the heart of the person singing it. It's just up to us to share it.

So tonight I just thought I'd share that little thought with you from Jacob... and I... both being 1345.64 miles away.......:) ................ and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)

p.s. For those of you that don't know. He has the most amazing voice... it's seriously is so beautiful. There is just an amazing spirit in his voice when he sings. I LOVE listening to him sing.....{After all, we all know it was when I heard him in Fantastiks when I first wanted to be his friend ;) haha}

No comments:

Post a Comment