Monday, May 2, 2011

Slacker...

Okay, I've been producing some SERIOUS slackage. BUT I have an explanation, and a very GOOD explanation I might add. Yes I do know the quote, "Excuses are like armpits, they always stink". But this one doesn't! I promise! :)



So since the day I was born, my dad has ALWAYS owned a Harley Davidson. Along with two of my brothers. (Todd on the left, Dad in the middle, and Spencer on the right) When I was 8, we moved down to Orem into our newly built house with an unfinished basement. What does that have to do with anything? Well, two years later, when I turned 10, my dad sold his Harley to finish our basement. Being that young I hadn't ridden on the Harley that much and didn't realize how much I would miss it.


Well, you see, the past year has been a crazy one for my Dad. Last summer he started looking for a new bike and found one that he wanted to get. A Canam Spyder. He went to a dealer and searched through the many kinds they had, and decided to get the 2011 special edition Spyder (one that has all the bells and whistles, of course ;)) and they are only making 50? I believe? In the whole world. So in October, my dad put down 1,000 dollars that couldn't be refunded on his new Spyder, that would arrive in March.


My dad was SO excited to be able to have a motorcycle again. He even blew up a HUGE poster of his bike to put up in his office at work. Well, two weeks later, he started having knee problems, and was scheduled to have a knee replacement in December. A week before his surgery, he went into the Canam store and told them that if someone else wanted his Spyder, that they could give it to them because he didn't know if he'd be able to ride it. Well life went on, and he had his knee surgery. Then after one of his doctor appointments that I drove him to, we went to the Canam store. He walked in and told them that he would be able to ride the Spyder and he wanted to still have it. Luckily, nobody had claimed it so it was still his. After spending about a half hour in the store, I REALLY started to get excited about the Spyder and the fact that my dad was going to have a motorcycle again.


My dad bought my mom and I these decked out motorcycle jackets, and these REALLY cool helmets. His Spyder was supposed to arrive in March, and he was going to retire on March 28th. PERFECT retirement gift right?! Then on March 12th my Dad went into tachycardia, his heart rate was 196 a minute and had to spend three days in the hospital (He was fine). He has a pacemaker, artificial valve, and a defibrillator, but the defibrillator didn't go off. Even though that happened, that wasn't going to affect anything of the upcoming events, OR riding his new Spyder when it arrived. Well on March 18th they called my dad and told him that the Spyder was in Canada just waiting to be brought down on a truck and that it would be about a week. Well the week came and went, and then the next, and then the next, and then it was time to go on our cruise and it STILL hadn't arrived. The store owner told us that it should arrive the Monday that we got home from our Cruise. So when we got home, one of the first things my Dad did, was called him, and the Spyder was STILL NOT HERE! I was going CRAZY! I was so ANXIOUS to get on that bike!


There is a happy ending to this story, I promise. Monday April 25th, they called my Dad and said that his Spyder would be ready for him to pick up on Wednesday the 27th. That day I drove my dad down the the dealer and hurried home so that I could get all geared up for a ride! :)

So my fellow followers, may I introduce to you, the much anticipated, Spyder Mabey..... (Yes, I treat him as my own brother, haha)














So the reason why I have been slacking is because I have been spending ALL of my free time with my Dad, and Spyder. We've been on rides EVERYWHERE! My favorite features are I get to control the music, AND the HAND WARMERS! It's the best thing in the world. It's so comfortable. AND a side note, my mom's back usually hurts when she sits on practically anything, BUT it DOESN'T hurt when she's on the Spyder, Cool huh! Anyway, My dad is going in for heart surgery tomorrow and has to lay in bed for 4 days after he gets home from the hospital. So we've been riding a lot today. Speaking of which, I can hear that he just started the motor in the garage. Time to go! I'll be back soon! There will be lots more time to blog because Spydie is going to have to sit in the garage for a week. So until then, love you guys!..... THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

P.S. If you hear a motorcycle go by your house, it's probably me. I'm obsessed with riding on Spyder. ANY time of the day! :)

1 comment:

  1. haha thats awesome!! i've never rode on a motorcycle but it sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete