Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just a little thought... :)

SORRY I've gone AWOL again... May always ends up being my busiest month of the year, no matter what I'm doing, so just bare with me and as soon as this month is over, I'll get into my usual routine. Ha ha :)

Everyday when I wake up, I read a book called, "He Shall Fulfill All of His Promises" by Lloyd D. Newell. It's a book that has a spiritual thought for every day. Today's though, I felt like I needed to share with you. So here it is:

"Choose good friends. Friends will help to determine your future. You will tend to be like them and to be found where they choose to go. Remember, the path we follow in this life lead to the path we follow in the next."
~Thomas S. Monson
(ensign, May 1998, 47)

"All along our life's course, we can choose to associate with those who build and bless others, or we can choose to associate with the damaging or the apathetic. Especially for adolescents, friends are a vital part of constructive development; they can help us to stay faithful and strong, or they can lead us in a negative, harmful direction. President Thomas S. Monson said, "In a survey made in selected wards and stakes of the Church, we learned a most significant fact: Those persons whose friends married in the temple usually married in the temple, while those persons whose friends did not marry in the temple usually did not marry in the temple. This same fact pertained also to full-time missionary service. The influence of one's friends appeared to be a highly dominant factor--even equal to parental urging, classroom instruction, or proximity to a temple. The friends you choose will either help or hinder your success. (Ensign, May 1998,47)"
(He Shall Fulfill All of His Promises, by Lloyd K. Newell page 144)


 
I think that all is pretty self explanatory. I am so grateful for the many people that have come into my life to help ME come closer to Christ, and become the person that I am today.
Thank you all!
 "People come in and out of ours lives every day. But no matter who they are, every single one of them made a difference in your life. "
Be grateful today! :)....... and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)

1 comment:

  1. That was a GREAT thought! And i have one of thoese books too, but i am read mine the night before. :) LOVE it! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete