Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Song for Sunday

So about... 11 months ago, Jacob was asked to sing for the special musical number in his sacrament meeting the Sunday after Thanksgiving. He asked if I would do a duet with him and obviously, I accepted! Jacob wanted to sing the song "Savior Redeemer of my Soul" and created his own arrangement of it.

Because I was in Idaho I couldn't really get the music from him until I went down for Thanksgiving. So with not much time to practice, one night while he was at my house, we decided to run through it for the first time. My sister and mom came in and listened while my dad, and I sight read the wonderful masterpiece that Jacob had created.

My sister just "happened" to have a video camera with her and recorded it without us knowing.. Ha ha. Well, since it was the first time I had heard it, or sung it, there of course were some rough parts... BUT, at this point in time, I am so grateful she recorded it.

Since it is Sunday, this will be my spiritual thought for you today. Ha ha. But before you listen, promise not to judge. Trust me, I understand how rough it is. But, it's still one of my favorite videos at this point in time. :)



The day before we were supposed to sing, a HUGE storm blew over Utah and Idaho which caused the state line to close on Sunday. With that information, I had to go back to Idaho that day in order to be back for classes on Monday, and was not able to sing with him in sacrament. He still sang this song, he just made it a solo, and I heard it was wonderful. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! Now I get to go teach my sunbeams about music! :)
................ and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment