Sunday, June 3, 2012

I dimyself skirt.

So pinterest kind of stresses me out. In result I only get on it about once every.... 5 weeks?

Well, with no job, and my little girls being out of town, there was a LOT of sitting around this week. Friday night I finally caved and found myself in a pool of pins. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for the perfect maxi dress and/or skirt and have not found one ANYWHERE!!!
Major dilemma.
Well, in my in my pindings (get it, pin-findings, pindings?)
I found a pattern for a maxi dress! So what did I do? Saturday night I went to good ol' Joann's and found a fabric that I liked and...
BAMO!
I made it!
The pattern actually is supposed to be a dress, but I decided to make a skirt, that way I could wear multiple tops with it :)
How much did it all cost??
Well, the shirts, I could have already had, so I'm not going to count those.
The quiet inner shopaholic in me wanted to buy a new shirt. New clothes can boost anyone's confidence, I don't care who you are! haha.
ANYWAY!
I bought 2 yards of fabric, originally priced at 12.99 a yard.
BUT it was 40% of and then I had an additional 50% of coupon.
And had I gone on a Tuesday, I would've been able to use the 10% senior discount because one of my dear ones qualifies for that, but alas I was an eager beaver and wanted to wear the skirt to church!
So ladies and gents this skirt cost a woppin' 7.79!
(plus tax... and purchasing some elastic for 1.29)
But still!
WAY cheaper
(and definitely cuter)
than I could have bought at any store!
But YOU be the judge,


Whaddya think?? 



Just call me a DIY , or I guess DIM (did it myself) NINJA!
In fact it's time to make another wreath! :) I'm thinking red, white and blue.
But thats nothing new.
Those three colors have been on my mind since the end of January!
(If ya know what I mean...)

If any of you want the link to the pattern... click here.

Or if you would like help in making one the same style I did, (mine is a smidgen different than hers. Like the ruffle above the elastic instead of the band, and how I did not attach a top to the skirt, I did 2 yards instead of two lengths the size of my waist, etc.) I will gladly help you anytime!
I'm pretty much free once I get back from Park City this coming Saturday until July!
Oooohhh July is going to be a wonderful month!

Do you guys ever have those moments where you just sit back and realized, MAN my life is good?? Yeah. those are great moments... :) And it's funny. I've found that usually the only time I have those moments is when my life is in line with the Lords. :) It's wonderful :) The church is true! Hope you're all having a wonderful sabbath! I got to wear my new skirt, it was a Mission President/his family's farewell in sacrament today, (Farewell Mullen's! We'll miss you!), my little buddy in primary told me I was beautiful once again in primary, and now we're headed up to Park City for the week! :)

Today is wonderful... :)

But then again, when you're in the right mind set, 
what day ISN'T wonderful. :)

Okay you're probably sick of my ADD-ness. I've switched topics multiple times in this post...
I'll end your misery.
I'm done rambling.
Until next time! :) :)
................ and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cute! Can you make me 1?! Just kidding. I would love 1 though. me and my mom cant find any skirts for me!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete