Thursday, June 28, 2012

A new room for me!

Once upon a time I made a quilt right after finishing high school, that was red, black, and white/cream. It was fabric that had pictures on it from the children's book "Olivia the Pig". 



I absolutely fell in love with it, especially considering how much time went in to making it, and it became my bedspread for college. 






Well after just one semester the Lord had a different plan for me and I was back in my humble abode. Everything in my room became those three colors and and before I knew it, my room felt super duper depressing to me. (Side note about myself. I really don't like the color back, which was key to this color combination) Even though my quilt was so cute, it just didn't really brighten up the room, and it definitely did not go with the sage green walls.

Well this weekend we got new carpet upstairs!!! It was a complete hassle. Just look at it. I had to completely move everything out of my room and put it in my bathroom... crazy. Haha. 




In the process of getting carpet, I tried to explain to my mom how much I did not like my room, and tried to convince her to put her office in my room, and my room in her office. And that of course, failed. But after describing exactly WHY I did not like my room, we decided it was time for a make over. So that night we went to TJ Max, and Bed Bath and Beyond, and could not find any bedspread that we liked that was within my price range. I was crushed. But with one last hope we went to Target to see what we could find. As we walked down the bedding isle I couldn't find anything. As I came down the sheet isle something caught my eye and I fell in love, only problem was it was a sheet. Bummer. But then the best thing happened. As took a closer look at it, I realized it was a duvet cover! And I have a comforter so I was SO excited because I absolutely LOVED it! Then I was immediately all smiles. 

In my room I have a head board that is basically just foam and is covered in a piece of fabric so you can changed it when ever you want to! So that was the next challenge. To find a fabric that went with the bed spread. We went to JoAnn's fabric capita of the world and could not find... anything. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and once agin, could not find anything. And just like the day before, with one last hope we went over to Fabric Mill. We searched and searched and there was nothing that I liked. Just as we were about to give up and go home out of the corner of my eye, I SAW it. We pulled it out and my Mom, I could tell, didn't like it. But when we went to get it cut out she realized why I loved it. And after some ironing and stapling, I absolutely LOVE my room!!!! It is absolutely perfect and it cheers up your mood the minute you walk in the door! See for yourself! :)




I purposely positioned it on the diagonal so that right when you walk in, the brightness is all you see and you're immediately happy!



Another thing I didn't like about my room before is the fact that my bed was located on a wall that is the only wall that the air conditioning does not flow to. Being the room upstairs, and in the corner of the house, you can see as to why this would be a problem. There were many sleepless nights because I was SO hot. Well now my bed is placed right where the air blows to and last night was a dream.

Now excuse me while I go ahead and go to bed. Sweet dreams!........... and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)

1 comment:

  1. i love the light above your bed!! your room is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete