Thursday, March 22, 2012

balloons

Today I realized JUST how much I love:
driving with the window down
sunglasses
and 
balloons.


Being confined to a room all day 
in front of a computer screen, 
with a window that doesn't open, 
makes you appreciate the 5 hours a day 
You actually get to spend out of the office.
Today as I got in the car after a long day's work,
I rolled down the window, 
blasted one of my favorite songs,
and put on my sunglasses
As I was driving home,
I took Freedom Boulevard,
and to my surprise 
the street was lined with balloons.


IMMEDIATELY
 a smile came across my tired face.

It was a sign of happiness
that made me not want to just give up
my 5 hours of life before I go to bed.
I love balloons,
they make me happy,
they can transport ANYONE's mind
back to their childhood
where they had no care in the world,
no angry patients, no alarms, 
no stress filled job,
no bills, no idling fax machines,
where the only worry was 
which toy they were going to play with.

I don't know what it is 
about those colored helium filled circles
that dance around the air,
but they are, 
to me, 
a sign of hope,
life,
and most of all,
happiness

I hope you all had a day full of balloons.

...............and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)

{please} ignore the ridiculousness of this photo,
It was taken during singing valentines my senior year of high school.






No comments:

Post a Comment