Saturday, March 3, 2012

Missionary Moments with J :)



You know when you experience certain moments that are just way too good to keep to yourself?? Well this week it wasn't just a moment, it was a letter. One of my favorite things. :) Ha ha. Instead of making you totally confused and posting the ENTIRE letter (because most of it is talking about the investigators he is teaching right now, and the experiences he has had with them) I will just post a few of the highlights. :) 

Every week J and I at the end of our letters write random, funny, and spiritual questions for each other to answer in our next letter. :) This last week I asked some pretty dang good questions if I do say so myself, Ha ha. Even J commented on that. :) But I just have to share a few of those answers with you:


_________________________

"What's the BEST part of waking up?"

He said, "Knowing that I get to talk to my Heavenly Father, that I'm a Missionary, and Running. :)"

I love hearing that. :) He's such a good missionary! :)

_________________________

"Were you good or rebellious in primary?" 

"HAHA, I was DEFINITELY one of the rebellious primary children. :) I was constantly getting into trouble. I might have been the best singer there, but I definitely wasn't obedient, ha ha :)"

So humble... ha ha :)

_________________________

"What is your "quote of the week"?"

"When you can no longer give your best, let Christ give his."

I've never heard that one before, I like it!

_________________________

Funniest thing that happened this week?

"So Julio was wondering where Elder Bast was, so he asked "Where's your other half?" and I answered :) "In Utah:)" Haha, I had no idea where that came from, it just came out! Ha ha :) It was pretty funny, but needless to say, Julio was a little confused at first, ha ha. :)"

HAHA! THAT'S embarrassing. ;) PS, Julio is one of his current investigators, ha ha :) 

_________________________

"Most spiritual experience of the week?"

"I was able to sing in the ward variety show this week and decided to sing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul." While I was preparing, I was reading the lyrics and I don't know why, but it gets me every time! :)"

I think I know why, :) That song gets me too... The Atonement is REAL my friends! :) We are ALL living proof of that! PS if you haven't heard that song, I strongly encourage you look it up. Most preferably when sung by Dallyn Bayles.

_________________________


And my personal favorite question that I asked,
"Where's Waldo?"

To which he replied, "Where's Waldo?! I've been trying to figure that out my whole life!! I've never been good at finding him :) ha ha :) but, oh wait! I do remember something about A Waldo being taught by missionaries, ha ha :) I wonder if Waldo finally found the gospel! :)"


Is he not the cutest? Ha ha :) I love that boy. That had me laughing for a good 5 minutes! 

_________________________


I am so grateful that he is out serving the Lord in Apple Valley, MN. :) I absolutely LOVE hearing his stories, and about the people that he is currently teaching. :) We are both growing so much and it's such a blessing to be able to share those experiences through pen and paper. :) Hearing his testimony every week makes it seem like we aren't so far away from each other. :)  

I kinda sorta like him a lot, ha ha. :) 

He also wrote at the end of his letter, "18 :), that's a small number. :) I'll talk to you SOON!" :) Now 18 may not seem that small, but when you compare it to the 92 weeks that he's already been gone, it seems like a piece of cake! :) Yep. Just a mere now {almost} 17 weeks and Elder Parmley will hop a plane and a few hours later arrive in Salt Lake City. :) I'm so excited, but that's not going to keep me from learning the things that I myself need to learn in the mean time. So I'll be seeing you soon Elder. :) Very soon.. :) 

.................and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)


OR... 4 months. :)



2 comments:

  1. Made me smile. Can hear him making those comments. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote at the bottom. True words

    ReplyDelete