Thursday, July 8, 2010

Construction


The Lemon
Two of my friends and I have made it a goal to go to the temple at least once a week. So we chose to go today. Since Provo temple is closed for cleaning, my friend and I drove out to Mt. Timpanogos temple to do baptisms. After having a marvelous time at the temple, and eating at our favorite restaraunt "ZUPAS", We decided to take the freeway home. If any of you have driven on the free way in Utah county in the past couple of months, or YEAR, you know that there is a LOT of construction going on. In what should have been a 20 minute drive, it took us 40 minutes to get home. We didn't really have anything to get home for, luckily, but it still was frustrating going about 30 mph when we could be going 65.


The Lemonade
Even though it is a huge lemon, the construction will only come to be our benefit. They are expanding our freeways so that we can have a safer commute. Their hope is to add more lanes so that there will be less accidents. That will mean less injuries, and deaths. Also, it will only make the drive more smooth for anyone that is driving on it. As well as having a smoother commute, I've noticed that they are putting more greenery by the free way! I think it makes the view so much better when you have something to look at. But not only do we have the newly planted greenery, we have the MOUNTAINS! Every time I drive I love looking over at the beautiful mountains that Heavenly Father has given us and just basking in the beauty of this world! So even though the construction is a bit of a mess for now, just imagine how much better our freeway is going to be when it's all done!....and THATS a sip of "Livi's Lemonade"!

2 comments:

  1. How cute are you? I think every one could do with a little more lemonade, cuz we all know the lemons aren't going to disappear any time soon.

    I think this is a great idea for a blog. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia this is the cutest blog to read! I love it and look forward to the ways to turn lemons into lemonade!

    ReplyDelete