Friday, July 9, 2010

Paranoia


The Lemon
Last night, my friends and I had a sleep over at one of our friends house. She lives in the COOLEST house I know. Basically a country home with a huge back yard, horses, and sometimes cows if you want. Well last night we decided that we would sleep in the backyard on the trampoline. BUT we didn't even go outside until about 1:45am. For some reason in the how ever many steps that it took us to get from the basement, where we were totally dead and ready to fall asleep, to outside, we COMPLETELY woke up. After laughing and not being successful at sleeping, we realized that it was 4AM!!!! So we quieted down and everyone fell asleep...except, well... me. This is where this post's subject comes in. It was so quiet and I loved listening to the crickets, the birds (yes there surprisingly were birds chirping) and star gazing, because who doesn't love star gazing!? I in fact saw THREE shooting stars! Anyways, as I was enjoying nature and all it has to offer, suddenly, I heard a foot step! I immediately started freaking out (Paranoia) but everyone else was asleep! I was also sleeping on the outside of all of us, so that if it was a person, I had a 90% chance that it would be me that the person took! So after being paranoid about every little noise and the continuing footsteps that occurred, a thought came to me. Horses. Yes, horses, and yes, that is a weird thought to think, BUT it's only because I realized that it was the horses that were walking around. After a quick little laugh to myself, I then calmed down for a second and I looked at my phone. It was 5AM! I HAD to get some sleep. So after saying about my billionth prayer, I finally drifted to sleep.



The Lemonade
Well, I guess there ARE some good things about paranoia. I mean, if we didn't have it, then we wouldn't be cautious, right? Yes it can keep us up, or keep us from facing our fears, but without it we wouldn't overcome it, and become stronger. I went and found the definition for Paranoia on google and it said "Paranoia: is a thought process heavily influenced by anxiety or fear". So maybe I think too much? But hey, it's a good thing that I was being cautious about it because what if someone really did come into the backyard? Then I would be prepared to jump up, run and scream bloody murder! So in this case, Paranoia was a good thing... I guess... ha ha!... and THAT is a sip of "Livi's Lemonade"!
P.S. Just a little side note, somewhere in the midst of all this, a part of a song popped into my head. A Jonas Brothers song nonetheless, called Paranoid! The part that was stuck in my head goes,
"Just might be paranoid, yea
I’m avoidin the lines cause they just might split
Can someone stop the noise?
I don’t know what it is but it just don’t fit
Consider me destroyed
I don’t know how to act cause I lost my head
I must be paranoid
I never thought it would come to this...
I’m paranoid."
Childish? Yeah... I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment