Tuesday, July 20, 2010

SUNBURNS!!!

sunburn10.jpg



First off, sorry it's taken me so long to post... it's been a busy week but I have lots of topics! Here is today's:

The Lemon
So because my summer started on a downer and I was basically confined to my bed because of surgery, I haven't gone outside much this summer. I didn't even get cleared to go swimming until the end of July because of my incision. So between work, and having no life, I haven't gone swimming once. Well yesterday we had my niece come down and sleep over and we went swimming today for her birthday. We went to the scera pool and had a blast! We both had sunscreen on and were swimming away! After 3 and a half hours we were tired so we got a snow cone from summer sno... mmmmm.... and went home. We got in the shower and after I got out I realized a touch of redness on my skin. I figured I'd get a little something considering it was the first time this summer so I got on my work clothes and went to work. Half way through my shift I noticed my arms hurting more and more and wondered what it could be. I went into the bathroom and it hit me. Sunburn. So I looked in the mirror and low and behold, red skin. EVERYWHERE. My face, my entire arms, my legs, and of course my shoulders. It feels like third degree burn. I guess I won't be going outside again... ha ha.

The Lemonade
Well... lets see.... ha ha. I guess even though it's killing me now, I had a BLAST with my niece at the pool. It was so nice to be outside and swim. I absolutely loved it. I mean when ever anyone gets a sunburned, it's mainly from swimming so at least we're having fun while we're getting burned? ha ha.... and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't get any more sunburns! One of those every summer is definitely good enough!

    Sounds like you are having a great summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiv, I am having a GREAT summer! Thanks!

    Hailey, Unfortunately I was not that fortunate.. haha.

    ReplyDelete