Friday, July 9, 2010

My Job.


The Lemon
Okay, I know this is my second post for today, but I just HAD to write this so here we go. Well today started out as a lemon-ish day for me considering I got no sleep last night. When I don't get sleep I tend to get migraines, and stomach aches. Today I also had to work from 11am to 3pm. For those of you who don't know, I work at Wienerschnitzel. Yes, you can now laugh, ha ha in fact I will laugh with you, but to be completely honest, I absolutely LOVE my job! Although, today was going to be a challenge for me because I knew lied ahead at work. I'll admit, I am pro when it comes to the kitchen, well not pro, but pretty darn good. But now, I'm learning the registers. And if you don't know, let me be the first to tell you. Registers are HARD. H-A-R-D HARD. It may look like the cashier is just pushing buttons, which we are, but there is a whole lot more to it. I'm continually getting better at it the more and more I work it, but that doesn't mean it's still not hard. So today they had me work drive through and sometimes the front register. I was trying so hard to be a happy and positive employee and it was working. I smiled at all of the customers and wished them a great day before they quickly drove away or took their food. But my brain was COMPLETELY turned off. It wasn't until I was about halfway through my shift that I saw my reflection in the window and let me tell ya. What I thought was a smiling face was definitely NOT a smile. I then realized why all the customers either quickly looked away, or would look at me weird. I can't even explain to you what it was. A grimace smile? I don't know. But it was not pretty, I'll tell you that. I am loving being able to interact with the people though, although, sometimes you get quite a few lemons. It's really hard for me to talk to them because I start to feel guilty if they just ask for ketchup or mustard. Which isn't even a big deal, but I feel guilty really easily. So lets just say, on top of my lemon morning, I had a lot of lemons to give orders to at work. I didn't even think that the day could turn into a lemonade... Was so tired, all I could do was focus on getting home and taking a nap.


The Lemonade
BUT THEN I was asked to clean the tables in the lobby and there was this little girl that couldn't be more that 2 years old sitting in a high chair and as I walked by she tapped me and said "Hi!" I then smiled at her and said hi back and I think the only word she knew was Hi because she then said it about 7 more times as I was cleaning up the tables. I couldn't HELP but smile at this adorable little girl! I asked her what her name was and she just said Hi, so her mom answered for her and then they were getting up to leave and she said "Bye! Thank you! Bye!" and so then I said goodbye to her and it totally turned my day around!


THEN I was getting in my car to drive home, and I turned on my Ipod to the song that was playing when i was driving to work. It was "Why" by Rascal Flatts. It's sort of a sad song and it got me back into the mood I was in before I talked to the little girl. I felt like I needed to take the long way home for some reason, I was just in a mood to listen to the music. So, As I continued to drive and that song had ended, "Wonderful" by Gary Go came on and I just smiled. There was NO coincidence that it was the next song on my shuffle. That song is amazing and if you haven't looked it up, go look it up right now! The part that stood out most today in that song was:
The person that you were has died
You’ve lost the sparkle in your eyes
You fell for life - into its traps
Now you wanna bridge the gaps
Now you wanna bridge the gaps
Now you want that person back
Say “I am”
Say “I am”
Say “I am wonderful”
Oh you are!


The Lemonade Stand!?

This song COMPLETELY CHANGED my lemon to lemonade and I was so happy. THEN as I was going down my street, there on the side of the road, conveniently was some little kids in my ward with a lemonade stand!!! I started laughing and after passing I realized that I would be TOTALLY ungrateful if I didn't go back and buy some lemonade. So even though I decided to turn around once I had pulled into my drive way, I went back and bought some lemonade. Pop was 50 cents and Lemonade was 25 cents so i just gave them two dollars and got both and told them to keep the change. So now here I am, writing about it on my blog, happy as can be, with a pop, and a lemonade FROM an actual lemonade stand... :) and THAT is a (second) sip of "Livi's Lemonade"!

No comments:

Post a Comment