Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chicken Soup

So aside from Sunday quotes, I've basically been AWOL on this blog... yet... again. SO! Here. I'll give you a little update on my life.

JACOB'S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW! Wahoo!!! He's going to be 21! He's getting big...

I went to Rexburg this last weekend for a much needed visit with Fran, and my best friend from BYU-I Michelle, and friends from the collegiate ballroom team. I had a BLAST!!!! I never realized how much I missed being a part of a university, or even how much I just missed IDAHO! Crazy, and yes, this is me. Ha ha. It's funny how last time I would've given ANYTHING to be home instead of in Idaho, and this time I found it extremely hard to leave... I really did NOT want to leave. I drove by myself so naturally, 3.75 hours to yourself equals a lot of thinking time. Some of my thoughts while in the car were:
          -Utah is SO beautiful! I seriously was SO amazed at seeing the drive without snow on the ground. I love the mountains, I love just everything about Utah... and Idaho... ha ha.
          -I totally forgot about the broken down building/wall that gets painted and repainted with the "Welcome Home Elder (Insert name here)"'s all over it. Not going to lie, I teared up a bit. Ha ha JUST KIDDING!
          -I saw 2 Spyders on the way up, a black one, and a gray one.... my dad's is still so much cooler.
          -I am officially addicted to snow cones.
          -I saw the Transformers 3 trailer and now I am seriously worried about my dad's bike turning into a decepticon while on it.
          -I love being able to belt at the top of my lungs and have nobody look at me weird because no one else is on the road!
          -If I were a super hero then I would be able to just transport or fly to Idaho without having to drive forever.
          -Why is it that when you put on biker shorts you automatically feel like the most incredible dancer in the world?
          -My parents are really really really funny, I love them. Ha ha.
          -letters.... they're great!
          -I love water
          -The clouds literally looked like Andy's wall in the movie Toy Story.
          -Justin Beiber is really fun to listen to during a road trip... or any time of the day for that matter.
          -Rexburg has absolutely nothing to do... but they just got a new water park... every one was there... when I mean everyone... I mean everyone within a 50 mile radius, it was fun though!


Like I said earlier it was really, really hard for me to leave. I had so many mixed feelings and I was about ready to just stay up there and register for fall semester... then I got off on the 16th north exit... and pulled up in my drive way and I knew.... THIS is where I need to be. Utah. But because of this confusion I had no idea what I was doing in school and I was so fed up with it and sick of it, that I was about ready to quit and I'm only 3 weeks away. I honestly had no idea why I was in this profession.

So today I started training for my internship. Because of my teacher missing school almost every day, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to start on the actual date. But after a LONG talk with my mom last night and attending school today, I found a way to make it work. School got out at 10:30 so afterwards I ran home and got ready for my first day in the office. I'll admit I was nervous... because I was doubting about me being a Medical Office Administrator.

Then I walked in the door. And this spirit came over me, and then I started checking patients in and collecting co-pay's, cleaning rooms, filing charts, developing x-rays, and last but not least MAKING PHONE CALLS!!! If any of you know me, I am about as chicken as it get when it comes to making a phone call or talking to a person that I don't know. BUT to my surprise, that was one of my favorite parts of the job! I seriously can not even begin to tell you how much I love my job. My "real world" job! I'm so glad that I listened to the promptings of the spirit and now I am here, and I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I don't believe I could ever get tired of this job. I LOVE meeting new people and I just can't get over how perfect this job really is for me. I guess you kind of just forget when the end is near because it gets so stressful, but I'm so glad that I was able to go today and experience working at the Podiatry office. I can't wait until I get to go to the office again on Thursday... I'm SO EXCITED! :)

So I guess you could say SOME of the stress is gone. Knowing that I'm doing the right thing has really helped, but I have have to admit. Going for bike rides with my dad really calms me down. I've mentioned it before about how much I love this bike, but seriously. This bike works miracles. My mom and I were talking about how no matter how stressed are, we can always get on that bike and it's like we can escape and relax and just feel the breeze and enjoy the beauty around us. For me I guess it's like acting. It's my escape from all of my troubles. I love that bike. So now if any of you guys see me on the bike these next few weeks, you'll know exactly why... ha ha ha! :)

I also LOVE nannying. I can't tell you the joy those little girls bring into my life. Every time I hear the sweet little ones cheer my name as I pull up and they all come running to me and I hug them just brightens my day more than ever. I just love it. I love kids, and I love how happy they can make you. I learn so much from them. I just love them, ha ha.

Also my sister, parents and I are now starting our destination diet to ......... are you ready for it??? NEW YORK!!! We decided I guess... 3 days ago that we all need a vacation, and we have some points to use with our Marriott time share, and we've ALL been CRAVING to go back to New York. SO we don't know the exact dates that we are going, but we will be going before November. Whats the reward for the diet you ask? We'll we're doing it by body percentage, so who ever looses has to buy the winner a present of their choice in New York with a $20 dollar limit per person. So wish me luck as we start this challenge! I can not WAIT to walk the streets of that wonderful city and soak up all it has to offer, yet again. I also have a bucket list of people I would love to see perform on Broadway and because of our beautiful timing, I will be able to knock TWO of those SIX wonderful actress' in less than THREE months!!! I'm SO excited!!! :) So don't worry Sutton Foster and Bernadette Peters, I'm coming to see you!!! :)

So I guess that's a little insight on my life right now, and these next three weeks are going to be really crazy, but once they're done I'll be back and I won't have to worry about school anymore!! What a beautiful thought. :) Ha ha ha.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Remember to keep smiling! I love you all...... and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment