Sunday, July 24, 2011

I am a Child of God

Today has been one of those amazing Sundays. Unfortunately, none of my nursery kids were there today. :( So I ended up being able to attend Sunday school and relief society. I absoulutely love, love, LOVE, RS. And let me tell you, Heavenly Father knew I needed to hear the lesson today. Today's RS lesson was given by the wonderful Laura Bailey, on President Uctdorfs talk, "Waiting on the Road to Damascus" <-- (click there to read it)

I can't even begin to tell you how incredible this lesson was. The spirit was so strong, and I haven't felt so spiritually strengthened or uplifted in a while. She is an incredible teacher. I LOVE my ward. I learn so much from all the amazing ladies in our RS. I don't think I could quite capture the beauty of how this lesson was taught quite on this blog, but I think everyone that was there will agree with me that it was one of the best lessons ever taught. Sister Bailey always gives wonderful lessons anyway. There were many quotes that I could share from this lesson, but there was one in particular that stood out to me today.

"Preach the gospel everyday; and if necessary, use words." - Francis of Assisi

It's through our actions that mostly does the work. "As I have loved you, love one another". I've kind of been struggling lately with not feeling like I'm doing anything, or more like not doing enough when it comes to sharing the gospel, or even feeling the spirit. I mean, I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, but I feel like it hasn't been enough. Although after this lesson, I've come to realize, we are not all the same. For some people, it can be really easy, and for others it can be like hanging on by a thread. But no matter who we are or how hard it can be, Heavenly Father loves, us and is mindful of us. And as long as we keep doing the things that are right, and follow the promptings of the spirit, he will lead us on the road to Damascus.

As we ended our meeting today, we sang the infamous song, "I am a Child of God". I know we have all heard this song before, and we know it by heart. But today the words really stuck out to me. It was as if I was hearing them for the first time.

I
am a child of God,

And he
has sent me here,

Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are
great;
Help me to
understand
his words
Before it grows
 too late.

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store
If I but

learn
to do his will
I'll
live
with him once more.

Lead me,
guide me,
walk beside me,

Help me find the way.
Teach me
all that I must do
To live
with him someday

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

.................. and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

And yes I love my nursery kids dearly, hopefully I'll get to play with them next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment