Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Escape

When ever I used to have a bad day, I could always look forward to play practice. There was always something about walking into that auditorium after the bell rang. I loved being able to leave my self at the door and live my chaotic life, through some one else's. AKA the character or show I was in at that time. You see, there is something so incredible about becoming one with a character and making people guess, if it was really you on the stage. And along the journey, sometimes, you find your self acting like the character in normal life. I could be with my closest friends and just relax and have fun creating a master piece. Ha ha. But honestly, when ever I would get a bad grade on a test, have one too many homework assignments, or have the {wonderful} high school drama eating at me, I could just walk into rehearsal, forget about all of my problems, and be someone else for the 3-5 hours of rehearsal.

Instead of being me,

I could be a mother of four little girls, writing her husband at war, praying for his safe return.

I could be a hopeless romantic teenage girl falling into a forbidden love.

I could have a little sister writing a soldier at war pretending to be me.

I could be a triplet in love with the town hunk, who was more in love with his muscles than any beauty.

I could be a girl who's only wish was to attend a festival and in return fell in love with a prince.

But now I no longer have the privilege of being in high school anymore. Which means getting into shows is a little bit harder. So I must find a new way to "escape". Because with getting older, worse problems than "high school drama" come about and you just need to get a way. There's things like, college, finding jobs, not getting letters, boys, money, and many more.

Hopefully sometime soon I'll find myself in a production some where, but as for now, I'll just have to stick with Spyder rides. But I'm not complaining, ha ha. You get on that bike and you can get so relaxed, and so much thinking done. It's the best. Ha ha.

Yes, I always miss being up on that stage, but right now there are new lessons for me to learn. Rather than new music and new lines, I'm learning new scriptures and finding new insights. I'm finding myself gain a closer relationship with my savior. Which I feel is a beautiful thing. So for now. I'm okay, and I think I will be for the rest of my life. With, or without, theater I know I'm doing the right thing for myself right at this moment in time.

If any of you have any wonderful ways to "escape" let me know. I'm always up for more options! :) And I would love to hear how you guys find your own "escapes". Ha ha. In other words, I really need an "escape right now... ha. Rough week. ;)

Have a wonderful day, even if it's one of those "escape" days! ha ha................. and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade!

3 comments:

  1. You are wonderful! Sometimes I ache for theatre again too. I've found escape in reading and learning more about the gospel. But mostly I find my escape in time with my husband and playing on the floor with my babies. Look forward to it, because family is a Wonderful escape!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss our escapes too :( I'm sad that we can't share those moments together. One day we'll have another show to fall in love with. But for now best friends is fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i escape by reading blogs. seriously i do! haha that and spray painting :) lets play again!

    ReplyDelete