Friday, August 5, 2011

BIG news!!

Okay, so I kinda lied... to ALL of you fellow readers,
and I'm SORRY!

But now I must tell you the truth. Because the truth is really, really, exciting!!

So on Tuesday, you may have noticed my blog post titled, "Auditions". I mentioned that no it did not mean I was trying out for a musical, nor did it mean I wasn't. Well.... I did. :)

Last week I had a friend inform me about auditions at the Scera for their upcoming production. After stewing over the pro's and con's about trying out, two hours before auditions I decided, I WOULD try out.

Some of you may have already put it together between that post, and my two facebook status' "Sometimes it's hard to breath" and "You never know until you try". Ha ha.

Well, this show only calls for 15 women and an even smaller cast of men. At auditions there were 83 girls that tried out. I felt really really really good about  my audition, it was the best I've sung in a very long time. But, lets say, my hopes were not very high. There were SO many talented girls, and after all, it was my first time auditioning for a show out of high school.

Anyway, Wednesday morning I received an email informing me that I had been selected to attend CALL BACKS! Woohoo!! Of course this meant I was even MORE nervous. Especially because I read in the email that they were dance auditions, and I HATE dance auditions. I never feel like I do good. When I got there that night, the choreographer was talking and then the most amazing words came out of his mouth. "For your audition tonight, I will be teaching you a little bit of the Viennese Waltz"
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!! Ha ha ha!
I was SOOOOO incredibly lucky! Lets just say I felt that I dominated at that audition. For some reason it was pretty hard for some people, but I did it with ease. I LOVE ballroom. And the fact that all the dancing in this show is ballroom made me want even MORE to be in this show.
(sorry, I had to have a rare bragging moment)

There were about 60ish girls that were there at call backs and as the dance auditions came to an end. They kept 18 girls and all the men to stay for the second call back. As the director talked to us I was fully excited to just go home, not get called back (again) and pray that I was cast in the ensemble. But as he read the 18th name, to my surprise, the name was MY name. I had been called back for the youngest/shortest lead ha ha. (Of course) For some reason I was really at peace. I listened to a saved voice mail from January, and I really felt calm. It was amazing! Everyone that was called back was walking around singing the song for the part they were trying out for over and over, and I just sat and talked with who ever's nerves weren't getting to them.

(One of which, come to find out after discussing we both had missionaries, was Jacob's partner in "The Music Man" at the Scera a many years ago... ha ha SMALL WORLD! :)

I did REALLY good when I auditioned once again, and as we did a cattle call, I noticed the director had memorized my name. (Good sign? yes.) I was really feelin' good. At the very end he told us we wouldn't hear from them until Friday night at the latest, and then we were on our way!

That night I realized, I wanted more than ANYTHING to be in this show. Not just to have a distraction to make time go faster. ;) ha ha. But because I wanted to meet new friends and just have the thrill of being in a show once again!

Well, yesterday while I was getting ready to go to a friend from schools house to watch a movie, I decided I would check my email. And to my surprise,
THE SHOW HAD BEEN CAST!!!

My heart started racing as my phone took--what felt like--5 minutes to open it!
And as I read the first part of the email, excitement plunged through me,
"Congratulations! You have been cast..."
WOOHOO!!!
That's all I could see while my phone took another 5 minutes to open the rest of the email.
FINALLY
a couple hours later, I found my little name on the ENSEMBLE list! :)

And I am SO SO SO EXCITED!!! :)

I have a feeling that this is going to be just what I needed, and that I am going to gain some really close relationships with this ensemble because after all... the show doesn't call for an ensemble. Which means... we are only in 5 out of 18 songs. Which means LOTS of down time back stage. Which means LOTS of friendships made.
YAY! :)

So I just realized I haven't even told you the show yet! I'll give you a couple clues.

1. I've been in this show before.
2. It is really near and dear to my heart. Like, VERY near and dear.
3. It makes me cry, regardless the situation (Yes, I'll have to wear waterproof make up backstage)
4. I got a role in this show that I was NOT expecting, which I grew to realize the character was exactly like me.
5. Have you guessed it yet??
6. It was the last show I was in.
7. It rhymes with Wittle Lomen....

And if you didn't catch it from that completely obvious last hint:

I have been cast in the Scera's production of
LITTLE WOMEN!!!! :)

So may my nights be full of dance and song for the next 9 weeks. :) Yes, we open in 6 1/2.
(Insert excited "eep!" here)

I can not even BEGIN to tell you how excited I am! It's running out from my toes to my ears! Wait... reverse that. Ha ha.
I have MISSED the theater so much. I've been out of it for a year, and seriously
I could not be more over joyed!

It runs from September 22-October 8. I would LOVE to see you there. This is a BEAUTIFUL show. And even though I don't have much stage time, I know you will love it and just maybe you will understand why this show is my favorite show.

Anyway, rehearsal starts tomorrow (as if I needed even ANOTHER exciting thing to put in my schedule this weekend. :) And I can't WAIT! :)

And ANOTHER bonus, my friend Heather made the show too! She was Meg and I was Marmee in high school, but now we will both be in the ensemble together. :) My favorite role. :) I'm SO HAPPY!

Anyway, I've blabbed on enough, I hope your weekend is full of love and excitement. For this little girl is so happy, I think she's died and gone to heaven. Because she's definitely on cloud nine right now. :)

.................... and THAT'S a very exciting sip of Livi's Lemonade!



No comments:

Post a Comment