Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What to do?!

What do you do when you go to turn in your last paper and find out, that you've been going to school for nothing.

That's right....

a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y
NOTHING.

................................................................Sigh....................................................................



Let me replay the conversation I had with my teacher today.
"Here's my resume"
(the last paper we had to do was a resume)
"Alright"
(insert awkward silence while she looks over my resume)
"Okay, so you actually are not getting certified, so I would take that off of your resume"
"Wait, we don't get certified?"
"Nope, you get a certificate of completion in Medical Office Administration and that's it"
"But, when I signed up they said I would be certified at the end this class?"
"Yeah, that's the case for every program here BUT MOA (medical office administration)"

................grrrrreeeaaaatt..................

so what now.

I guess I kinda started noticing the red flags as I looked for job opportunities, and was slowly finding out that some of my friends had just landed jobs that I was going to school for.
....with no training.

................................................................Sigh....................................................................


What do you do when you find a school that fits PERFECT to your study and learning habits, gives you AMPLE opportunities in the medical field, a degree, a free laptop, and you have a really good feeling about it, when all of the sudden at the very end of the 5+ hour orientation session with only you, your mom, and the advisor, and the advisor drops the bomb that it costs
OVER FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS TO ATTEND THEIR SCHOOL!?

................................................................Sigh....................................................................


What do you do when you decide to look for scholarships to see how much money you could even possibly get to attend that 40,853 dollar school, and ALL of the deadlines for the scholarship applications have
CLOSED?


................................................................Sigh....................................................................
 

What do you do when ALL of your friends are going to school, going back to school shopping, and feeling skinny and tan in their new pair of jeans,
 and you're not.


..................................................................Sigh.....................................................................


Well my friends, you blog about it. Because in a way, it sort of makes things all better until you click the post button, then you just go in your room, or play solitaire on the computer for hours.... and STEW about what in the world your going to do and where in the world your going to go next.

................................................................Sigh....................................................................

On a brighter note, I'm nannying again and LOVING it. Clare and Kris seem to be slowly getting better. There's a blog that will follow their journey to recovery HERE if you would like to follow their progress. And it's a good thing I do musicals because we seem to find new health problems of mine every show! I had doctor visit number one today! With a promise of at LEAST 3 more visits. Gotta love it! :) ANYway. I hope you're all having a great day. Thanks for letting me vent. Haha. :)

........................and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you Livi. It really is crazy what life hands you sometimes. But you are probably the strongest person i know. Just keep going. Keep praying, keep hoping. I know life will look up in the confusion-ness that all of that is right now. :)

    ReplyDelete