Thursday, March 31, 2011

flat Stanley. :)

My mom teaches 1st grade, and one of the things she does with her class is "Flat Stanley's". Flat Stanley is a book where Stanley has a bookcase fall on him and he is flattened. Later on in the book his parents "send" him in the mail to his cousin in California, where he visits with them, and then they send him back home in the mail. Her students make their own "flat selves" and they  bring an address of a relative or family member to send it to. When the relative receives it they take it around their town shooting pictures of the flat selves in at different places as they go.

What does this have to do with anything you ask?

Well this past Monday as I was sitting in my mom's class room, looking at the "Flat (insert name)'s" and thinking it was such a cute idea. Then..... ding, ding, ding! A light bulb went off!!!! :) That night I went home and got to work! So here you have it! The finished product! Who is it you ask? Well, it's none other than....


 ELDER JACOB WILLIAM PARMLEY! :) name tag and all. :)





Throughout the next 14 months, I will take him with me every where I go and document it. That way, it'll be just like he was always here! I'll send him the pictures, as well as post them on here. :) So here's to introducing our newest member to this blog............ "Flat Elder Parmley" :)



.................and THAT'S a sip of Livi's Lemonade! :)






3 comments:

  1. aww thats so cute!! i loved doing that when i was in first grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys! :) It's coming with me on the cruise this week! :)

    ReplyDelete